International Conference on the impact of REDD+ on HFLD Countries
14 mei 2014
- 15 mei 2014
- As one of only nine High Forest Low Deforestation (HFLD) countries, Suriname took the initiative to organize and host a two-day international REDD+ conference for HFLD countries on 14 and 15 May 2014.
- The objectives of the conference were to:
- Exchange experiences and learn how to make national REDD+ systems more robust and credible in order to attain benefits in the international arena;
- Increase collaboration among the HFLD countries, creating a platform to discuss strategies to maximize benefits from REDD+ and strategies to form an unified block in negotiations;
- Increase understanding of REDD+ as a tool for sustainable development; and
- Maintain the existing national and international momentum for REDD+.
See the report on the international conference on the impacts of REDD+ on HFLD Countries.